One of the great benefits of an Ultimate Subscription is automatic updates and the addition of content to your subscription; Ultimate Professional subscribers get each new book and video course added to their collections, and Ultimate Beginner subscribers also enjoy content updates, as well as new beginner levels when available.
So what new content should we add and update? Join us in the crystal ball of our book and video teams and see what the future brings!
Upcoming and recently updated content
We have a bunch of new books and videos that we will publish in the coming months that we will present to you:
We are working on a number of new books that will be released in full between the end of 2020 and early 2021:
- Flutter Apprentice: Android developers and iOS developers are embracing Flutter, Google’s user interface for users, which helps you create attractive, original, multi-platform compiled apps using a single code base. This book takes you through everything you need to know to get started!
- Darts apprentice: Begin object-oriented programming in the Dart language and learn language-based basics such as expressions, functions, variables, classes, asynchronous programming and more!
- Advanced Swift: So you know the basics of Swift – what now? Expand your knowledge as an advanced developer with concepts such as semantics, protocols, algorithms, strings, custom sequences, reactive programming and more!
- Jetpack compose: Let us guide you through Android’s collection of libraries to help you follow all the best practices, including working with your user interface, building lists, creating custom composites, managing state, animating properties and more!
- Android availability: Our author, Victoria Gonda, said it best: Every responsible app today thinks about accessibility. This book will teach you how to get your Android app in the hands of more users by implementing important accessibility features.
- App Design Apprentice: In this beginner level book for non-designers, we will guide you through designing modern mobile app UI and UX using basic design principles. This book is currently available for pre-order.
- Dagger by Tutorials: Take a deep dive into addiction injection on Android with Dagger and Hilt, including design principles, injection, modules, components and more!
- Publishing to the App Store: You’re done building your iOS or iPadOS app – what now? Learn about permissions, free up configurations, troubleshooting code signing and utilizing internal distribution and TestFlight distribution of your app to your test teams. This book takes you through all the basics, as well as manages your app after it is published.
- Android App Distribution: Your Android app is done, but what else do you need to take care of besides uploading it to the Play Store? This book covers internal and external distribution, testing administration, best practices for security and permissions, app size optimization and APK concealment, automation tools and more.
- Real-World Android by Tutorials: Level up your Android development capabilities by building a real-world top-to-bottom app, including animations, UI lifecycles, dynamic features and security.
- SwiftUI apprentice: New to iOS app development, and want to build your user interface in the modern way using SwiftUI? This book will guide you in building your iOS apps from scratch, Apple’s solution for creating a fluid and engaging declarative user interface for your apps.
- Apple Augmented Reality by Tutorials: This book is the easiest and fastest way to gain hands-on experience with Apple’s framework and technologies such as Reality Composer, RealityKit and ARKit – all available rendering technologies Apple has to offer, as well as a collection of fun projects to create different true AR experiences. After reading this book, you will have a deep understanding of the technologies and frameworks used to create powerful, immersive AR experiences for the Apple platform.
Recently published books
We have just updated the following books in the last month:
- UIKit apprentice (formerly iOS Apprentice): For complete beginners! If you are completely new to Swift and iOS development (or need a brushing), this series is for you. IOS Apprentice is a series of epic tutorials for beginners where you learn how to build four complete apps from scratch. Each new app will be a little more advanced than the previous one, and together they cover everything you need to know to create your own apps. Towards the end of the series, you will be experienced enough to turn your ideas into real apps that you can sell in the App Store.
Catalyst by Tutorials: Run iOS apps naturally on macOS with Catalyst!
Catalyst by Tutorials shows you how to take all the great apps you’ve built on iOS and run them directly on macOS. But like everything else with Apple, it’s not always as good as you want it to be. This book shows you how to design your apps so that they work well on macOS, what you can and cannot port between the two platforms, and other “gotchas” to keep an eye on when building apps under Catalyst.
- Fast apprentice: For complete beginners to Swift and coding. No previous programming experience required! This is a book for complete beginners to Apple’s modern programming language – Swift. All the code in the book works inside Xcode’s user – friendly playgrounds. This means you can focus on core Swift language concepts, such as classes, protocols and generics, instead of getting bogged down in the details of building apps.
- Advanced iOS architecture: Advanced iOS app architecture thoroughly explains several modern iOS architectures, and demonstrates their use in real apps. Each architecture chapter concludes by covering the pros and cons of that architecture. You can read this section in order – or jump straight to the architecture that interests you.
Other upcoming updates
We are also busy updating many of your favorite books, which will be published in the coming months:
Android & Kotlin Books
- Advanced Android app architecture
- Android apprentice
- Android test-driven development
- Data structures and algorithms in Swift
- Kotlin apprentice
- Kotlin Coroutines by Tutorials
- Reactive programming with Kotlin
- Stores data on Android
iOS and Swift Books
- Combine: Asynchronous programming with Swift
- Advanced Apple Debugging & Reverse Engineering
- Auto Layout of Tutorials
- Simultaneity with instructions
- Core data after guidance
- Data structures and algorithms in Swift
- Design Patterns by Tutorials
- iOS animations of tutorials
- iOS test-driven development
- Machine Learning by Tutorials
- Metal by Tutorials
- Push alerts for guidance
- RxSwift: Reactive programming with Swift
- Server side Swift with steam
- Fast apprentice
- SwiftUI by Tutorials
For more information on each of these books, check out our post about our upcoming books!
We are also planning even more books for 2021 and beyond. And with an Ultimate Pro subscription, you will automatically have all these books added to your library when they are published!
We also have many upcoming video courses that we look forward to sharing with you:
- Advanced MapKit: Level up your MapKit knowledge! Learn how to customize your maps using custom drawing. Discover the difference between an overlay and a renderer, and how you can use these components to expand the map by providing more information, or by creating an entire map using your own map tiles.
- Your other Flutter app: Level up your MapKit knowledge! Learn how to customize your maps using custom drawing. Discover the difference between an overlay and a renderer, and how you can use these components to expand the map by providing more information, or by creating an entire map using your own map tiles.
- Your other iOS and SwiftUI app: Use the knowledge you’ve gained from creating a SwiftUI app, and learn the basics of Swift, to create a more complex app: one to track your book collection!
- Reusable SwiftUI views in the raywenderlich.com app: Build two of the custom SwiftUI views used throughout the raywenderlich.com app. Get an insight into how we used SFS symbols, managed colors and got the most out of live preview.
- Advanced iOS design patterns: Learn about advanced design patterns such as flight weight, broker, composite, command pattern, responsibility chain and coordinator pattern.
- UIKIt Basics: Learn the basics of UIKit by creating a simple iPhone app. This course will show the basic concepts of an app project, add controls and navigate between screens.
- … and much, much more!
We launch new video content weekly – stay tuned to see what other great content we’ve come out with!
We’ve updated our FAQ to give you the answers to your questions about our new Ultimate Beginner and Ultimate Pro subscriptions and our new online book experience:
Do not see the answer to your question in the FAQ? Contact our customer support team at email@example.com and we will do our best to help you!
Where should I go from here?
There’s a ton of great content here – and the best part is that you can try most of our video courses and books before you buy! We have made the first videos of each course and the first chapters of each book for free for everyone to enjoy. Go ahead and try videos and books!
But wait – before you go, there is only a little cleaning to take care of:
- Existing subscribers can get an exclusive discount by upgrading to an Ultimate subscription here.
- To learn more, go to our subscription page to see more information about what’s in our Ultimate Beginner and Ultimate Pro subscriptions.
- Go and win something! Sign up to win a free 3-month Ultimate Pro subscription for you and a friend, by following @rwenderlich and tagging a friend when you retweet this tweet. Who does not want to win free stuff?
To keep track of everything that happens with our videos and books, sign up for our RW Weekly newsletter so you do not miss it.
Again, I want to thank you for being a loyal member of the raywenderlich.com community. Supporting the mobile development community is at the heart of everything we do, and your support makes everything we do possible!