We are pleased to announce that the first part of our Server side Swift with steam the book is now updated for Vapor 4. And for a limited time, you can get this book $ 10 off!
Read on to learn more about the Swift with Vapor server site and what’s new in this issue!
About server-side Swift with Vapor
Server-Side Swift with Vapor, 3rd Edition, is nearly 600 pages of hands-on learning to give you a complete, beginning-to-end understanding of building apps in Vapor and then distributing them to cloud-based vendors.
The book’s five sections take you through:
- Create a simple web API: Learn the basics of building Vapor apps, including how to use Swift Package Manager.
- Create a simple web app: Learn how to build a front-end website for your Vapor application. You also learn how to accept data from a web browser so that users can create and edit your models.
- Validation, users and authentication: See how to protect your steam application with authentication. You will learn about different types of authentication: HTTP Basic authentication and token-based authentication for API, and cookie- and session-based authentication for the website.
- Advanced Swift on the server side: Dive into more advanced topics for Vapor and was written by Vapor Core Team members.
- Production and external distribution: Distribute your Vapor application to external cloud-based vendors to outsource the job of hosting your application. You learn how to upload to Vapor’s own homemade solution – Vapor Cloud.
And the best part? This book is written by the Vapor team itself, so you get the best insight you need to create robust, fully-featured web apps and web APIs with Vapor 4.
What’s new in this issue?
Server-Side Swift with Vapor, 3rd edition, is currently in early access release.
In this early access release, you will find the first section, “Creating a Simple Web API,” updated to Vapor 4, Swift 5.2, Xcode 11.4 and iOS 13.4.
The first part is the introduction to Vapor, and also covers:
- HTTP basics: Review the basics of how the network and HTTP work, including the methods and most common response codes. You will also learn how the Vapor differs from other Swift frames.
- Asynchronization: Learn about asynchronous and non-blocking architectures. You will discover Vapor’s approach to these architectures and how to use them.
- Configure a database: Learn how to configure your Vapor app to integrate with the selected database.
- Control: Learn the concept of controllers to help you manage your routes and models, using both basic controllers and RESTful controllers.
- Testing: Learn how to write tests for your Vapor apps. You will learn why testing is important and how it works with Swift Package Manager.
- Create a simple iPhone app: Build a simple iOS app that interacts with the API, create different models and get models from the database, perform the latest CRUD operations, and add acronyms to categories.
- And more!
The authors are working hard to update the remaining parts of Vapor 4, and we will keep you updated as new chapters become available!
Where should I go from here?
Server-Side Swift with Vapor, 3rd Edition, is available today, in early access release with a recently updated first section, which will introduce you to the basics of Vapor 4 and take you through building your first iOS app with Vapor!
Remember that when you buy this book, you get the book, the source code and the project files and free updates.
As always, thank you for your support and we hope you enjoy this update!