One of the best things about electronic books and textbooks is that you can mark them. Instead of a physical book that you rent or purchase and will sell later, with books on iPad, you can create notes and highlight important points. In addition, you can read where you go with your device.
Here are the best programs for reading and annotating PDF books on iPad.
Criteria and Features
Here are just a few things we're looking for when creating this list of apps that read and annotate PDFs on iPad.
- More Lookup Options : Everyone has another way to select their books and documents. Some people like to mark while others like to draw. Apps that give you a variety of annotation options give you flexibility.
- Intuitive Interface : The last thing you have to do is spend time figuring out how to tag your books and PDF documents. Apps that have an easy-to-use interface allow you to work without a complicated way of doing it.
- Different reading modes : Since these apps are for reading and annotation, different reading modes and options can give you a better experience.
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader gives you a variety of annotation tools and read options. Open documents and books from iPad, Document Cloud or Dropbox.
Adobe Acrobat Reader notable features:
- Use annotation tool as highlight, underline, stretch and draw.
- Add comments to any place in the book or document.
- Read with modes including continuous, single page or reading mode plus a night mode.
- Save, print and share single-tagged items.
If you want an app that gives you flexible features for both annotating and reading books and other PDFs on iPad, check out Adobe Acrobat Reader.  Availability : iPhone, iPad, Android and the Internet
PDF Viewer Pro
PDF Viewer Pro is another easy-to-use reading and annotation tool that offers a variety of features for both. Browse books and documents from your device, Dropbox or iCloud Drive to get started.
PDF Viewer Pro Remarkable Features:
- Use annotation tool as highlight, underline and stretch.
- Include comments, enter text, or add a photo at any place in the book or document.
- Add bookmarks and skip to sections for bookmarked and annotated pages or use the search.
- For reading, select page mode, transition and match with theme, appearance and brightness.
PDF Viewer Pro is a very nice browser and annotator with what features you want in an app like this one. And you can share all pages, some pages, comments and a summary.