In addition to the new Series 6 Apple Watch, Apple also introduced another laptop today: the Apple Watch SE. According to rumors, the device has previous generation technology and a more digestible price tag. It starts at just $ 279.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Retina display with thin edges and curved corners that are 30% larger than series 3.
- S5 SiP (system on a chip) dual-core processor 2x faster than series 3.
- Built-in speaker and microphone.
- Bluetooth 5.0 support.
- Emergency SOS w / Fall Detection
- Ambient noise detection w / decibel warning
- Compass w / always on altimeter
- Swim safe
- High and low heart rate alerts, irregular heart rate alerts
- Works with the new Solo Loop, Braided Solo Loop and Leather Link bands
- Mobile options available
So what you really miss here is obviously the blood acid sensor and ECG, the new S6 chip, the U1 chip and the one always on the screen. And obviously you do not get the metal finish options from the more premium models.
The Apple Watch SE is available in 40 mm and 44 mm screen sizes, and you can choose to go with or without a built-in mobile chip. The prices get a little confusing because it depends on the band, screen size and mobile option you want.
- 40mm GPS w / Solo Loop Strap $ 279
- 44mm GPS w / Solo Loop Strap $ 309
- 40mm GPS + Cellular w / Solo Loop Strap $ 329
- 44mm GPS + Cellular w / Solo Loop Strap $ 359
It seems that some models are available for order today, but they will not be sent until later this month.