The notes app is a handy tool for everything from planning projects to writing down casual thoughts to explore later on. What I like about the Notes app is the group's notes by putting them in folders. Sometimes I will make a note and later realize that it is in the wrong folder. Other times, I will not add the note to a folder, and it will end up in the General Notes folder as default. The notes app has an easy way to move a note from one folder to another or to start a new folder completely.
Related: iPhone Notes Vanished? Your tutorial to troubleshoot the iPhone Notes App
- Touch the Notes app. If necessary, use the upper left arrow to return to the main screen, which will have folders at the top of the bold.
- Depending on your settings, you'll see headlines like iCloud (for notes available in iCloud), On My iPhone (for notes stored locally on your phone) or Gmail or other email accounts.
- Touch the main folder, such as All iCloud or the subfolder your note is in. In this example, the note I want to transfer
- Press Edit in the upper right corner.
- Then tap the circle to the left of the note.
- Now touch Move to … at the bottom left corner.
- Now select which folder you want to move the note. On this screen you can also choose to create a new folder.
And now it's better to organize your notes in folders!
Top Movie Credits: Mooshny / Shutterstock.com