قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Apple / Tons of iPhone users come to the dark side by switching to Samsung

Tons of iPhone users come to the dark side by switching to Samsung



It looks like Apple fans are finally shaking their iPhone story: compared to last year, fewer people are shopping in their old iPhones for the latest models.

This year's iPhone retention is down to 15.2 percent as opposed to March 2018, according to data CNET retrieved from the telephone exchange service BankMyCell. The statistics cover the latest upgrade cycle and take into account all the telephone swaps BankMyCell facilitated in the period since October 2018.

Samsung appears to have the most benefit from Apple's decline in loyalty.

The report emphasizes that while 26 percent of people switched their iPhone X to another brand, only 7.7 percent of Galaxy S9 users switched to Apple phones, while the remaining 92.3 percent stuck on Android. In fact, 1

8 percent of June's iPhone devices were for Samsung devices.

Cross-references with data from other companies, BankMyCell said that iPhone loyalty has reached its lowest point since 2011, and sits 73 percent compared to an all-time high of 92 percent in 2017.

iPhone swaps do not tell the whole The story

Here is an important disclaimer, but the survey is based on a rather limited data sample – only 38,000 people. Considering this is just a small fraction of all iPhone users, you should take the results with a grain of salt.

Actually reported reports from the 2018 iPhone Xs and Xs Max sales went so well that they helped Apple's average sales price for phones reach new heights.

However, CEO Tim Cook claimed in January 2019 that the company expects a decline of $ 9 billion in revenue due to weakened iPhone demand, especially in China. More recently, the downward trend was widened to India, where iPhone sales for the first quarter of 2019 were down 42 percent compared to the same period in 2018.

But hey, it's not all bad news for the Cupertino giant: while the iPhone Sales appear to be down, reports reports that Apple's entertainment industry is picking up – and it is gradually starting with Netflix.

For more equipment, gadget and hardware news and reviews, follow Plugged on
Twitter and
Flipboard.

Published July 18, 2019 – 11:54 UTC


Source link