Raywenderlich.com Ultimate Subscription launched earlier this week, and one of the most common questions people ask is: “What is the difference between an Ultimate Pro and an Ultimate Beginner subscription?”
That’s a good question! We have built these two products to meet the different needs of both sides of our audience: developers who are new to mobile development (or development in general) and are looking for products that can help them get started, and developers who work at a professional level and need to keep your skills sharp to stay on top of the game.
Here is the difference between the two different levels of subscription, to help you better understand which one is best for you!
Ultimate Beginner vs Ultimate Pro
There are two different levels of Ultimate Subscription:
- Ultimate Beginner: Designed for those who have just begun the journey towards mobile development.
- Ultimate Pro: The ultimate resource designed for the professional mobile developer, or for those who need it all!
Here is what is included in each subscription:
The Ultimate Beginner Subscription
The Ultimate Beginner Subscription gives you access to the following apprentice-level books:
- UIKit apprentice: The best iOS programming book for beginners! Learn how to build five complete iOS and Swift apps by following simple step-by-step tutorials. Former iOS apprentice – just renamed!
- Fast apprentice: Begins programming with Swift! This book takes you from beginner to advanced in Swift: Apple’s modern programming language for iOS.
- Android apprentice: Build four complete Android apps from scratch using Kotlin! Android Apprentice is our book for complete beginners to Android development.
- Kotlin apprentice: Learn programming with Kotlin! The Kotlin Apprentice is a book designed for complete beginners to Kotlin, a modern language used for Android development.
- Flutter Apprentice: Build more Flutter apps from scratch that look great and run on iOS and Android!
- Darts apprentice: Get started with Darts, the modern, flexible language behind Flutter.
- Given apprentice: Intimidated by Git? This book takes you through the basics of collaborative software development using Git archives.
You have access to every single book included above, as long as you keep your Ultimate Beginner subscription. If we update the books in the Ultimate Beginner subscription, you will automatically receive these updates free of charge!
The Ultimate Beginner Subscription also gives you access to over 60 of our best beginner video courses, (there are over 1500 videos!) That cover important basic and intermediate topics that every mobile developer needs to know.
And in addition, the Ultimate Beginner subscription gives you full access to all our curated learning paths to guide you through your journey:
iOS and Swift learning paths: Covers iOS and Swift for beginners, iOS user interface iOS data and networks, and iOS IDEs and tools.
Android & Kotlin Learning Paths: Covers Android and Kotlin for beginners, Android user interface, Android data and network and Android IDEs and tools.
Android and iOS Software Engineering Learning Paths: Covers Git, command line tools and app asset design!
- Flutter and Dart (coming late in 2020!) Covers Flutter and Dart for Beginners, Flutter User Interface, Networking, IDEs, tools, libraries and more!
But if you need more; if you want to go beyond the basics; if you want every single content at your fingertips; If you want full and instant access to all the video courses and books on the site, we have just the thing for you: the Ultimate Pro subscription!
The Ultimate Pro subscription
The Ultimate Pro subscription gives you everything: full access to every book, screencast and video course on the site – and that includes every book and every video course we publish in the future. It is definitely the best investment you can make in your development career.
The Ultimate Pro subscription gives you access to over 40+ current books in our catalog, as well as all future books:
The Ultimate Pro subscription gives you full access to every single book on our site. And again, you will receive automatic updates of the books in your collection to help you stay up to date as languages, platforms and frameworks evolve.
The Ultimate Pro subscription also gives you access to all screen broadcasts and video courses in our catalog (there are over 4000+ videos!), As well as every single video course that we publish in the future. Here are just a few of our recent popular video courses (and we’re constantly adding new ones):
And in addition, the Ultimate Pro subscription also lets you download video courses and take them offline with our official raywenderlich.com app, available for both iOS and Android. This means you do not have to burn mobile data while watching the latest videos on your daily commute, and you can continue working through your video courses in areas where coverage is spotty.
We have put together some answers to frequently asked questions about Ultimate Beginner and Ultimate Pro subscriptions here:
If you do not see the answer to your question in Frequently Asked Questions, please contact our support team at email@example.com and we will do our best to help you!
In addition, there is a lot of information in our Ultimate Subscription launch post, including a handy chart that shares the features and benefits of each subscription.
Where should I go from here?
If you’re still on the fence about which Ultimate subscription is right for you, consider the following questions:
- If you have just started mobile programming, or programming in general, then the Ultimate Beginner subscription is your best choice.
- If you have already built apps for a few years, or you need to build your development skills quickly, then the Ultimate Pro subscription is what you need.
Whatever you look at it, an Ultimate Subscription is the perfect way to build your skills with a wide range of courses targeted to give you the skills you need, along with books to give you in-depth information that we just could not ‘t fit into the videos.
In addition, the combined effect of on-demand videos and online access books means you are just a click away from the answers or tutorial you need, without dragging around printed books or digging through a bunch of PDF files.
Just to remind you, we have some special events running the next few weeks:
To keep track of everything that happens with our videos and books, sign up for our RW Weekly newsletter so you do not miss it.
We hope you enjoy the new online reading experience, and we thank all of you who have already signed up for the Ultimate Subscription. Subscribers like you help you make everything we do here at raywenderlich.com possible!