After much anticipation, hacker and unc0ver-leading developer Pwn20wnd have dropped 29 th beta of unc0ver v3.0.0 pre-release with full support for iOS 12. Unlike the "partial" iOS 12 it supports That unc0ver picked up less than two weeks ago, means today's news that unc0ver now bundles an iOS 12 compatible version of Cydia and Cydia Substrate.
Important to note just outside the flag is that this is a public beta ] and should be treated as such. The pre-release unc0ver v3.0.0 does not yet support all devices that can run iOS 12, but it is expected to switch soon, as the work of the jailbreak tool continues through public beta.
Citing Pwn20wnd's Official GitHub Deposit, unc0ver v3 .0.0
beta 29 supports iOS 12.0-12.1.2 on all A8X-A11 units out of the box. A12
Devices like the iPhone XS, XS Max and XR will be supported later, as well
Will most of the 4K units not yet supported at the time of this
writing. The official change log notes the following:
02/22/2019 – v3.0.0 ~ b29 was released for public testing with the following changes:
– Full-featured iOS 12.0 – 12.1.2 support for A8X -A11 Units with Cydia and Substrate by @saurik
Pwn20wnd also shares the following important details, which may be worth looking into if you have any interest in jailbreaking iOS 12:
Key Notes:  – Delete OTA file from Settings → Storage if it is present and restart before trying jailbreak to prevent a possible boot
– This version contains full-featured Cydia and Substrate support for iOS 12 on compatible devices listed above. This means that Cydia and tweaks are fully functional
– Some files may not work with Cydia / APT yet due to an error in Apple's code on IOS 12 ( View this Tweet )
– This is considered safe to try as long as you make sure you have not downloaded OTA file
– It is still possible to recover or downgrade the device to iOS 12.1.1 ~ b3 to use this jailbreak even if you are on iOS 12.1 .3 or up ( View this Tweet )
As you can see, it is important that you delete any pending OTA updates before trying the jailbreak, as it can send you to a startup loop . If you do not already have it, you can install the tvOS profile on iPhone to prevent OTA updates from appearing or downloading. You can use Google to find what you're looking for, but we can't connect directly to the tvOS profile for ethical reasons.
Pwn20wnd also warns that some stores may not work
right in Cydia on iOS 12 (yet), and that's because this is a beta and
Kinks still need to be prepared. Therefore, we recommend beginner
jailbreakers keeping off to jailbreak matures a bit more.
Despite today's revision of unc0ver v3.0.0 pre-release, it is worth noting that v2.2.6 is still the latest public release with support for iOS 11.0-11.4 beta 3. Unc0ver v3.0.0 pre-release is the only iteration that supports iOS 11.4-11.4.1 in addition to the new iOS 12.0-12.1.2 support.
Both unc0ver v2.2.6 and v3.0.0 pre-release can be downloaded from Pwn20wnd's official GitHub repository.
If you have a compatible device, will you be jailbreaking iOS 12 tonight? Share in the comments below.