WeatherCat is weather station software for Mac computers. WeatherCat is designed to work with hardware-based weather stations; From this time the following stations are supported:
- Davis Vantage, Vue, Envoy, Monitor and Wizard stations. WeatherCat also supports WeatherLinkIP data logger.
- La Crosse WS23xx range of drives.
- Oregon Scientific WMR 88, 928/968 and WMR200 drives.
- Fine Offset WH1080 / 2080/3080 drives
- WeatherHawk stations equipped with an IP server module.
- Instromet Metplus stations
- Netatmo stations
When data is collected and stored in the database, WeatherCat allows you to view weather statistics, such as the lowest temperature, or the highest wind speed over any period stored in the database. In addition, WeatherCat can generate and upload simple web pages that offer fast ̵[ads1]6;canned’ solution to get your weather data online as quickly as possible, as well as paint-driven ‘custom’ web pages that can contain current conditions, graphs, meters, statistics, webcam images and time-lapse film; these web pages can be uploaded to your WeatherCat server for viewing via a web browser anywhere in the world. A live list of all possible ‘codes’ that can be used in your templates is available here.
WeatherCat can also send your weather data to Weather Underground (Wunderground), Citizens Weather Observer Program (CWOP), Met-Office WOW Program, PWSWeather, WeatherBug, OpenWeatherMap and WeatherCloud. In addition, near real-time provides Custom CGI upload to a web server for your own web-based applications along with the ability to send your data to a MySQL database that opens up a world of mapping and analytics applications.Version 3.1.0
Changes in this release:
- 1. If there is solar radiation on the drive, it will now appear on the camera overlay.
- Solved a problem where custom graph web tags can be cut out when more than 9 custom graphs are present.
- Custom alerts are now checked every two seconds, every five seconds previously.
- Fixed a bug where it was very difficult to put temperature offsets in the calibration window if the temperature units were set to Fahrenheit.
- 5. The number of RCP requests during the last hour is now displayed in the status window.
- 6. Updated the button links in Wunderground preferences.
- 7. You can now add a camera key to the Wunderground webcam upload settings.
- 8. We now indicate password / id error for Wunderground if there is a problem with drive ID or password instead of a general ‘Error’.
- 9. WeatherCat now honors the number group separator (for example, 1,023 vs. 1023) as specified in System Preferences language and region-advanced in places where it makes sense (not years, for example).
- 10. Added an AWEKAS Upload (https://www.awekas.at) (Preferences-Online Additional Services)
- 11. Added an FTPS option in the “Advanced” pane of WeatherCat Preferences.
- 12. Netatmo: Channel changes required to upload gusts of wind to online services. NOTE: If you are running a Netatmo, please check any custom graphs, gauges and current precautions, as the channels may have changed.
- 13. Fixed an issue in the SQL driver where the progress bar does not appear when uploading historical data. We now also show how long uploading historical data will take and also how many transactions per second during uploading historical data.
- 14. Update of documentation.
- OS X 10.9 or later
- Supported weather station hardware
- Optional webcam