Indeed, in 2016, Apple introduced its new line of laptop, the MacBook Pro 2016: Skylake Intel processors, Polaris graphics cards, more powerful SSDs, Thunderbolt 3 connectors, enhanced Retina screens, enhanced speakers, a butterfly mechanism keyboard and a larger trackpad. Men, disse MacBooks er kritiseret: Batteri, TouchBar, prisdømt for dyrt. What should push Apple to renew their ranges. So, what change this year?
First, the beta of MacOS 10.12.4 gives clues about the next Macbook 2017:
MacBook Pro 13-inch classic dual-core chip:
- Core i5-6360U 2GHz (Turbo: 3.1 GHz) replaced with the Core i5-7260U 2.2 GHz (Turbo: 3.4 GHz);
- Core i5-6660U 2.4GHz (Turbo: 3.4GHz) replaced with the Core i5-7660U 2.5 GHz (Turbo: 4 GHz).
The 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar:
- Core i5-6267U 2.9 GHz (Turbo: 3.3 GHz) replaced with the Core i5-7267U 3.1 GHz (Turbo: 3.5 GHz);
- Core i5-6287U 3.1 GHz (Turbo: 3.5 GHz) replaced with the Core i5-7287U 3.3 GHz (Turbo: 3.7 GHz);
- Core i5-6567U 3.3GHz (Turbo: 3.6GHz) replaced with the Core i5-7567U 3.5GHz (Turbo: 4GHz).
Then, MacBook Pro 15-inch and their four-core processors :
- Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz (Turbo: 3.5GHz) replaced with the Core i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz (Turbo: 3.8GHz);
- Core i7-6820HQ 2.7GHz (Turbo: 3.6GHz) replaced with the Core i7-7820HQ 2.9 GHz (Turbo: 3.9 GHz);
- Core i7-6920HQ 2.9 GHz (turbo: 3.8 GHz) replaced with the Core i7-7920HQ 3.1 GHz (turbo: 4.1 GHz).
The MacBook will feature an Apple pencil-compatible trackpad?
ifølge Apple, som blev nylig godkendt, kunne en upcoming Mac kunne være kompatibel med Apples pencil. Selv om Apple-patronen i patentet er langt mere avanceret end den eneste på salg lige nu. The pencil in question has a number of sensors that could detect movement, orientation, depth and, according to the patent, can be used with a Mac as an air mouse or maybe even a joystick.
Then, when will we probably see the next generation of MacBook?
At least, we are waiting for the famous WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) to learn more information. The conference will be held from the 5th to the 9th June. Thus, the release date remains unclear but we will probably have to wait until October.
Finally, hopefully, thanks to those updates, the firm may find a way to deliver versions with 32GB of RAM of its new laptops. Read more about it