Are you running a fintech startup or fintech company or are you planning to launch a finance app? As a fintech app development company, we have put together the best fintech apps that are performing amazingly well despite fierce competition in the financial industry. So if you are planning to develop a money transfer, mobile payment, fundraising, asset management or any kind of online banking app, you need to take a look at the best fintech apps.
Recently, there has been a repeal in the Fintech ecosystem. Fintech companies such as MoneyLion, Robinhood, Nubank collect money with some eye-opening numbers. This means excellent growth of mobile banking only. If you're aiming to be the next "fintech future" for Gen Z, you can divide the finance app segment into three main parts. This will help you determine which genre your app falls into.
Types of fintech apps
- There are mobile banking apps for money transfers, payment of amounts, expense trackers, omission of bank bureaucracy.
- Finance apps are created for stock trading, loans, savings, financial advice.
- Blockchain and bitcoin, payment gateway integration apps.
According to research done by our fintech developer, the bifurcation has been represented by best fintech apps that have managed to provide users with the appropriate financial facilities.
Now, let's dive into the best fintech apps that are currently performing exceptionally well in the market for your fintech companies, to understand their offerings and features before developing your own solution for financing mobile apps .
8 Best Fintech Apps You Must See Before Developing Your Finance and Banking App
Before we take a look at the detailed description of the best fintech apps, let's take a quick look at the top 8 fintech app tables with the countries of origin. This table can be easily scanned.
This US based mobile banking app gives users their financial advice and access to loans. The six-year-old startup is a personal finance app that functions as a part loan, part savings, and part of the wealth management app. According to the latest news, this fintech startup is close to becoming a "unicorn" for the financial industry. It has raised $ 100million C round led by Edison Partners & Green Spring Associates. With this, the startup is currently valued at $ 1 billion.
- The startup makes money from app subscriptions that cost $ 19.99 per month for each user.
- It provides efficient online banking across 55,000 duty free ATMs.
- The MoneyLion app also has an amount of 5.99% in April to keep savings progress on track. This facility is specific to MoneyLion Plus members.
Image Credit: MoneyLion
Top features of the MoneyLion app
- Instant transfer and zero charge control
- Direct deposit to avail advance on Apr.
- 12% Cashback Refund
- Track Credit Score
- Real-Time Expenses Alerts
The Robinhood app is a disruption to the online brokerage industry. Menlo Park, USA-based free stock trading, allows users to invest in public companies and exchange traded funds listed on the US stock exchanges. The app has its own clearing system and no investment fee investment in stocks, ETFs, cryptocurrencies. According to the latest news, this trading app has posted the $ 323 million series round led by DST Global. The business is now valued at $ 7.6 billion up from its Series D valuation of more than $ 5 billion.
- The Equity Sharing app is a member of SIPC, which protects members' securities customers up to $ 5,00,000.
- The Robinhood app integrates with 3,500 banks including Chase, Wells Fargo and Bank of America.
Image Credit: Robinhood
Top Features of Robinhood app
- List of investment options  Real-time market data analysis
- Cash management tools
- No-Commission trading
The Chime app is growing rapidly in the United States as a mobile-only bank. It allows users to manage their consumer and savings account without hidden transaction fees. The multiple automatic savings options and large free ATM networks make it the most convenient mobile app for banking.
- The money saving app prioritizes savings by automatically deducting 10% of the paycheck and depositing this amount directly into the savings account.
- A user can access his paycheck two days earlier with direct deposit through Chime.
- It provides efficient online banking over 30,000 fee-free ATMs.
- The mobile app for bank facilitates no minimum balance, no cash credit, real-time transaction notification, send money to family and friends.
Image Credit: Chime
Top Features of the Chime app
- Deposit directly into Chime account and get paid early
- No hidden fees or monthly fees
- Send money to family and friends with a free mobile payment
- Instant check
- Support mobile payment apps
The online banking application, Nubank, is a Brazil-based fintech app. It becomes one of the best fintech apps by providing access to invoices and tracking spend per category to delete purchases with earned Nubank Reward points. It provides real-time credit card information, balance sheets and Nubank rewards. According to the latest news, the company has raised $ 400million Series F round of venture capital led by TCV's Woody Marshall.
- Nubank is considered the sixth largest financial institution by reaching 12 million users in the domestic market.
- The Wall Street Journal reported that the company has secured valuation over $ 10 billion, potentially making it one of a list of startup decoctions. .
Image Credit: Nubank
Top features of Nubank app
- Savings to users at disposal
- Credit cards without annuity accepted worldwide
- Reward point program
- Informational Blogs
The Mint app is the most successful fintech app based in the U.S.A. when it comes to collecting relevant information about the user's cards, accounts and transactions. The alert notifications remind users of the bills to be paid and provide advice based on spending patterns. This helps an individual to be at the top of the economy. All data is encrypted with 256-bit encryption, and the data exchanged with Mint is encrypted with 128-bit SSL.
Image Credit: Mint
Top Features of the Mint app
- Manage bills and balances
- Create a budget and see suggestions based on individual spending  Free Credit Performance Analysis with Tips
- Safe Registration
The London-based startup offers banking services including a prepaid debit card, currency exchange, cryptocurrency exchange and peer-to-peer payments. The app allows the user to use and send money easily with exchange rates. The company is expected to raise $ 10 billion ($ 8 billion) over the next few years as financial startups gain extraordinary growth paths to challenge the US giants. It plans to raise $ 500 million this year from investors and has amassed 6 million users in just four years.
- The budgeting app supports the spending and withdrawal of ATMs in 120 currencies and submits 29 currencies directly from the app.
- Customers have access to cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash and XRP by switching to or from 25 fiat currencies.
Image Credit: Revolut
Features of Revolut app
- Instant use of notice after each card payment
- Create a monthly budget for restaurants, groceries, transport  Overseas travel insurance
- Share the bill with friends and family calculations will be taken care of in the app
Blockchain is becoming a trending technology in the fintech industry, helping users navigate the blockchain and cryptocurrency world. The Coinbase app is the largest cryptocurrency exchange. The app buys and sells popular digital currencies and keeps track of them in one place. It enables you to invest in currencies over time by scheduling purchases daily, weekly or monthly. Most digital assets are secured through offline storage.
- It is the best investment app with over 25 million users across 32 countries worldwide.
- Over 98% of cryptocurrency is secured offline and the rest is protected by industry leading online security.
Image Credit: Coinbase
Top Features of Coinbase app
- Manage portfolio
- Invest in real-time purchase sales
- Vault protection with delayed withdrawal 8
This Berlin-based financial management app facilitates fast, flexible and transparent money management tools to control finances. It allows two free nationwide ATM withdrawals per month. Recently, N26 has raised $ 300 million in a series of D-round led by Insight Venture Partners with Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC and a few existing investors. The company is now valued at $ 2.7 billion, taking over Revolut as the most valuable mobile bank in Europe.
- N26 has been featured in TechCrunch, WIRED and Forbes and boasts over 65,000 five-star reviews worldwide.
Image Credit: N26
Top Features of N26 app
- Instant Money Transfer with MoenyBeam
- Automatic Expenditure Statement Generation
- Account Security with Face Recovery or Finger Recovery  Organize and achieve financial goals with Spaces
After studying the best fintech apps from the financial app world, let's take a look at some common financial features that you should consider for your online banking development of apps.
Key Features Every Finance App Should Consider from Best Fintech Apps
1. Secure Enrollment
The most important and first feature that will determine the fate of your fintech app is security. It starts from the registration phase, where users need assurance that the app is securing their financial information. This can be through unique code generation, face identification, fingerprint recognition, one-time notification to the associated smartphone, email alerts every time a user signs up through the app.
2. Real-Time Alert
Without opening the banking app, the user should be familiar with every update of the economy as well as the financial industry news. Instant usage alerts, investment alerts, invoice payment notifications increase credibility and gradual growth of user engagement for the app.
3. Budget Organization and Analysis
The budget organization helps users to view the actual financial expenditure they have within a month or a year. The analysis actually shows them used from the budgeted amount, and how can they cut spending with an alternative.
4. Instant Money Transfer to Friends and Family
This feature allows you to get more engagement with your app through the user. The instant money transfer makes the life of a user and their loved ones much easier. Thus, the user gives no commission, no fees, transfer.
5. Investment Advisory and Scheduled Investment Objectives
Through alerts, you can propose an appropriate investment plan for your users. Investment decisions should be available through a planning alternative. It can be weekly, monthly, quarterly per individual expenses. Thus, this will increase the goodwill of your finance app.
Apart from these features, there are some must-have features listed by one of our mobile app developers at Space-O Technologies who have over 8 years of experience developing apps.
Must-have Features of Fintech Apps
|Sr No|| Popular Features of
| Ca Dev. Hours
iOS / Android
|1||Direct Downloads||24 Hours|
|2||Fingerprint Login||1 Hr|
|3||Mobile P2P Send||36 Hr|
|4||Mobile foot bill pay||24 hours|
|5||Add a new payee||8 hours|
|6||Use telephone ATM||12 hours|
|7||Set spending limits||8 hours|
|8||Face recognition||5 hours|
|9||Compare expenses||4 hours|
|Vote bank app||40 hours|
|11||Chatbot in messages||60 hours|
|12||Add profile picture / avatar||4 hours|
|13||Mobile payment app integration  10 hrs  14||Push notification||10 hrs|
If you plan to integrate these functions into the your ns and bank app, to make your life easier here is how to calculate finance app development lopment cost.
Estimated cost of developing a financing app
The cost of app development is mainly based on which platform you choose and the hourly rate for the mobile app developer. For a clearer idea, we've put together a formula that will give you a rough estimate for your app.
Suppose the mobile app development company charges $ 30 per hour.
Use this simple formula.
Estimated Development Hours * Developer's hourly cost = Total cost of developing mobile apps
Now, after calculating the approximate cost, we are sure you are aware of how much to invest in your app development. With the offerings of fintech world, savings and investment options from digital piggy banks to cryptocurrencies trading, many investors are looking into this sector.
So why are these huge investments going on in the fintech apps?
There may be two answers for this type of trend investment in the financial sector.
- Higher Returns (for profit generation and user engagement)
- Diversified portfolio (for expanding business in other genres)
With the diverse offering in the finance area, investors are looking for basic rights such as profitability, unit level for finance , customer purchase cost. Newer fintech companies like Robinhood have doubled the customer over the past year to more than 6 million and newcomer Stash debuts the list with 3 million users – 80% of whom are first time investors.
Increased user engagement indicates greater profitability, which is accompanied by growth in customer acquisition costs and market economy for the investor's business. Thus, the offer of financial segment makes investors keen to dive in and earn some amazing returns.
After going through the best guide for financial apps, we assume that you theoretically created the app, ready to launch. Just an idea is not what makes the app successful, constant updates with current technological trends will allow you to stay long in this hyper-competitive market.
Then cross-verify your app ideas with us, as we are one of the leading mobile app development companies based in India, Canada and the United States. We offer the best iOS app development services along with Android and web solutions. We have developed mobile apps for different categories. Take a look at the apps ftcash and PayNow for Stripe for a clear idea. For a more comprehensive look at our work, visit the "our work" section of our site.
If you are still not satisfied, you can use these apps and test them to know our skills until you feel that we are the best choice when it comes to developing fintech apps.
If you have questions related to exact costs for developing fintech apps, time app development for finance apps, best fintech app design, please contact us through our contact form. One of our sales reps will guide you through it. He will not only remove any doubts or questions, but will also help you understand the finance app development process. The initial consultation with our representative will not cost you any money.
This page was last modified 31 July 2019, at 09:52.